CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
102 N. POLK STREET
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2018 @ 5:30 PM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on December 4, 2018 at
5:30 pm at the Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed for the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- WELCOME GUEST AND VISITORS advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3-minutes the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future Meeting.
- City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council
- conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on
- Public comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in
- DISCUSSION- Building Permits and Ordinances
- CONSENT AGENDAApprove individually)
- (City Council reserves the right to remove items from the Consent Agenda and consider and/or
- Consider and/or approve Minutes of November 8, 2018 Special City Council Meeting.
- Consider and/or approve Monthly Financial Report.
- Consider and/or approve resignation of Tourism Director Kevin Godfrey effective December 4,2018.
- Consider and/or approve Special Event Application for Women of Jefferson Organization’s 5K Rabbit Run on April 13, 2019.
- Consider and/or approve Special Event Application for Big Cypress Corvette Weekend on May 30-June 1, 2019.
- Consider and/or approve Special Event Application for Jefferson Cruise Night on March 15, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20 and October 18, 2019.
- Consider and/or approve Grant to Excelsior Foundation for $12,500 for water/sewer repairs at the Excelsior Hotel from JEDCO.
- Consider and/or approve Grant of $11,600 to Creating Opportunity for two job training programs for Certified Nursing Assistants from JEDCO.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Consider and/or approve Resolution 2018-04-12 – Marion County Appraisal Board Candidate(s)
- Consider and take necessary action to approve a Resolution related to the Texas Community Development Block Grant (TxCDBG) allowing for funding through the Texas Department of Agriculture, Texas Capital Fund and the adoption of the required citizen complaint procedures in regards to Fikes Wholesale, Inc. facility in the City of Jefferson, and authorize the Mayor to sign all related documentation.
- Discuss/consider and/or approve temporary contract with Marion County Chamber of Commerce for Tourism Related Services.
- EXECUTIVE SESSIONThe Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071-Consultation with Attorney
- Section 551.072-Deliberations concerning Real Property
- Section551.073-Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations
- Section 551.074-Personnel Matters
- Section 551.076-Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
- Section 551.086-Economic Development
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place accessible to the general public at all times, on the 30th day of November, 2018 at 10:00 am and remained so posted at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary