CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
102 N. POLK STREET
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2018 @ 5:00 PM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on November 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM at the Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk St., Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed for the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- CALL TO ORDER – MAYOR
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- WELCOME GUEST AND VISITORS
- Public Comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3-minute conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council meeting.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Consider and/or approve Council Meeting Minutes of October 16, 2018 and October 23, 2018.
- Consider and/or approve resignation of resignation of Officer John David Lorance effective November 3, 2018.
- Consider and/or approve Resolution #2018-10-30 for Application for NIBRS Grant
- Consider and/or approve a Special Event Application for the Annual Christmas Parade.
- Consider and/or approve a Special Event Application for Kansas City Southern Railroad Christmas Train.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Consider and/or approve JEDCO’S vote to allow Queen Wood to commence site prep on JEDCO land prior to finalization of contract
- Consider and/or approve Queen Wood’s building application
- Consider and/or approve moving forward with designating train trestle Texas Historic Landmark.
- Kevin Godfrey
- Consider and/or approve adding bike racks to downtown to make the city more bike friendly
- Kevin Godfrey
- Consider and/or approve getting welcome signs built, need funds through JEDCO or cities budget – Kevin Godfrey
- Consider and/or approve allowing non -profit groups to set-up during Winterfest – Kevin Godfrey
- Consider and/or approve adding lights on Austin Street between Kahn Hotel, Sammy’s and Jefferson Hotel – Kevin Godfrey
- Consider and/or approve re- appointment from Ald. Finstrom to the Tourism Board
- Consider and/or approve any discrepancy to the Street Paving Project concerning Rayford Truck and Tractor
- EXECUTIVE SESSIONThe Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code:
- Section 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney
- Section 551.072 – Deliberations concerning REAL Property
- Section 551.073- Deliberations Concerning Gifts/Donations
- Section 551.074 – Personnel Matters- Street Department
- Section 551.076 -Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
- Section 551.086 – Economic Development
- RECONVENE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
- Action on item discussed in Executive Session
- ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NEXT AGENDA
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the _29_____ day of October, 2018 at __3;10______ pm and remained so posted at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary