City of Jefferson, Texas
Regular City Council Meeting
102 N. Polk Street
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 @ 5:30 PM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on January 15, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed for the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- WELCOME GUEST AND VISITORS
Public comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3-minutes conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council Meeting.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
- Consider and/or approve minutes from special meeting of December 18, 2018.
- Consider and/or approve Monthly Financial Report
- Consider and/or approve Interlocal Agreement Between the County of Marion and The City of Jefferson Covering Shared Services and Responsibilities.
- Consider and/or approve Interlocal Agreement Between the City of Jefferson and Marion County for Library Services.
- Consider and/or approve Notice of General Election for May 4, 2019
- Consider and/or approve Order of Election for May 4, 2019 (1) Alderman for Ward 1, (1) Alderman for Ward 2 and (1) Alderman for Ward 3.
- Consider and/or approve Appointment of Pat George for Judge and Lois Stanford for Alternate Judge for May 4, 2019 General Election.
- Consider and/or approve April 22, 2019 and April 30, 2019 for the two weekdays required by law to be open 12 hours during the regular early voting period.
6. ACTION ITEMS
- Consider and/or approve a Petition to Declare a Portion of Jackson Street Abandoned and Closed and to Convey it to the Adjoining Property Owners. (Being a portion of Jackson Street located in the Urquhart Addition to the City of Jefferson, Texas. Beginning at the northwest corner of Lot 6 in Block 84 of the Urquhart Addition)
- Consider and/or approve budget transfers in the Administration and Visitor Promotion Fund
- Consider and/or approve of hire new Police Officer
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code.
- Section 551.071- Consultation with Attorney
- Section 551.072- Deliberations Concerning Real Property
- Section 551.073- Deliberations Concerning Gifts/Donations
- Section 551.074- Personnel Matters
- Section 551.076- Deliberations Concerning Municipal Security
- Section 551.086- Economic Development
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place accessible to the general public at all times, on the _11th_____ day of January, 2019 at _10:00 am__________ and remained so posted at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary