CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
102 N. POLK ST.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2019 @5:30 PM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on February 19, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- WELCOME GUEST AND VISITORS
- Public comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3-minutes conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council Meeting.
- Tourism Agreement – Colleen Taylor
- Building Regulation – Mayor
- Grant Update – Mayor
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Consider and/or approve minutes from January 15, 2019, February 11, 2019 and February 12, 2019 meeting.
- Consider and /or approve Monthly Financial Report.
- Consider and/or approve an amusement ride for Lone Star Carriage.
- Consider and/or approve a Special Event Application for Marion County Chamber of Commerce for April 6, 2019.
- Consider and/or approve an Interlocal Agreement with East Texas Council of Governments for Database Maintenance FY2019.
- Consider and/or approve termination of Kevin Huckabee effective March 1, 2019 pursuant to Mutual Agreement on September 18, 2018.
- Consider and/or approve building permit application for James & Joanne Stacy for E. Moseley Street.
- Consider and/or approve building permit application for Jefferson Independent School District located at 301 W. Harrison St.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss, consider and/or approve Jefferson Economic Development Corp. Quarterly Report for the Quarter of 10/1/18-12/31/18
- Consider and/or approve any action to be taken on the Rental/Lease Agreement on the Tourism Center from Neftali Cruz.
- Discuss, consider, and adopt resolution designating a planning service provider for the 2019 Texas CDBG Planning and Capacity Building Fund application and project implementation.
- Discuss, consider, and adopt resolution designating an engineering service provider for the 2019-2020 Texas CDBG Community Development Fund application and project related engineering services.
- Consider and/or approve contract for Management Service from Traylor & Associate, Inc. for 2018 Texas Capital Fund Program.
- Consider and/or approve closing Austin from Vale to Market Street on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Consider and/or approve an application from the Marion County Chamber of Commerce for a Charitable Bingo Operation
- Consider and/or approve a revision of Ordinance #01-08
- AN ORDINANCE DETERMINING THAT THE BURNING OF SUBSTANCES INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS OF THE CITY OF JEFFERSON IS CONSIDERED A NUISANCE AND PROVIDING FOR SUCH AN ORDINANCE TO LIMIT ALL BURNING OF ALL SUBSTANCES FROM EACH THURSDAY AT 5:00 PM TO MONDAY 8:00 AM, OR AT ANY TIME DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY THE CITY COUNCIL, PROVIDING THAT THE ORDINANCE IS CUMULATIVE AND PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
- Discuss, consider and/ or approve a request from the Marion County Chamber of Commerce for the Police Department to assist to reserve and block off the lot between Sammy’s Primetime and The Antique Store, behind Clair D Lune on April 5-7 and October 4-6, 2019 for Saturday only for City-Wide Rummage Sale.
- Discuss, consider and /or approve hiring surveyor to replace survey stake between 503 & 505 E. Whelan.
- Discuss, consider and/or approve easements for Fike Wholesale and City of Jefferson.
- Discuss, consider and/or approve soliciting bids for new telephone system.
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of
Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place accessible to the general public at all
time, on the _20th______ day of February, 2019 at _11:00am_______________ and remained so
posted at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary