CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
102 N. POLK ST.
TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2019 @5:30 pm
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on April 16, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. CALL TO ORDER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. WELCOME GUEST AND VISITORS
Public comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owner5s of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3-minutes conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council Meeting.
Report from JEDCO – Representative
Damage to Tourism Building
Interlocal Agreement with City of Marshall on Building Inspection
6. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consider and/or approve minutes of March 19, 2019 Regular Meeting.
2. Consider and/or approve Monthly Financial Report.
3. Consider and/or approve First Quarter Budget Report.
4. Consider and/or approve First Quarter Revenue Report
7. ACTION ITEMS
1. Consider and/or approve 2018 Independent Audit from Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company, PLLC.
2. Consider and/or approve Civil Rights Resolution, Fair Housing Proclamation, Signatory Resolution and Designation form for City of Jefferson Texas Capital Fund Grant #7219002.
3. Consider and/or approve the Public Utility Commission of Texas 2019 Consumer Price Index (CPI) Adjustments to Municipal Telecommunication Right-of-Way Access Line Rate.
4. Consider and/or approve transferring $14,000.00 from Street Department Payroll to Street Department Outside Service for City Mowing Property Contract.
5. Consider and/or approve to advertise to sell city vehicles.
6. Consider and/or approve to advertise for bids for (3) Cemetery Maintenance Contract.
7. Consider and/or approve to advertise for bids for City Property Mowing Contract.
8. Consider and/or approve to advertise for Bank Depository bids.
9. Consider and/or approve the Burn Ban Ordinance.
10. Consider and/or approve Tourism Building Expense from Hot Taxes be put in Administration Department.
11. Consider and/or approve a schedule of payment for Jefferson Inn delinquent Hot Tax.
12. Consider and/or approve action on Tourism Building Hours.
13. Discuss/consider and/or approve the approval on location of event power stations upgrades and expansion.
14. Discuss/consider and/or approve the allocation of the 2018-19 Itinerant Merchant Fee ($1,200 to FYTD) and some funds from Park Budget item to the event power stations upgrade and expansion.
8. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed, as authorized by Texas Government Code.
1. Section 551.071- Consultation with Attorney
2. Section 551.072-Deliberations concerning Real Property
3. Section 551.073-Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations
4. Section 551.074-Personnel Matters
5. Section 551-076-Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
6. Section 551.086-Economic Development
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place accessible to the general public at all times on the ______ day of April, 2019 at __________ and remained so posted at least 75 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary