CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
102 N. POLK STREET
TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 2020 @ 5:30 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on March 3, 2020 at 5:30 PM at he Jefferson City Hall located at 102 N. Polk Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below.
1. CALL TO ORDER – MAYOR PRO TEM
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. WELCOME GUESTS AND VISITORS
Public Comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list located near the door of the Council Chambers and must limit to 3 minute conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall no discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council meeting.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Consider, discuss and vote to accept Racial Profiling Report – Presented by Interim Chief Jason Carroll
6. END REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING AND ENTER INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized by Texas Government Code
1. Section 551-071 – Consultation with an Attorney
2. Section 551.072 – Deliberations concerning Real Property
3. Section 551.073 – Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations
4. Section 551.074 – Personnel Matters
5. Section 551.076 – Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
6. Section 551.086 – Economic Development
a. Personnel Matters (Hire Full Time Police Chief)
8. RECONVENE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
a. Action taken on hiring Full time Police Chief
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the _26th________ day of _February______, 2020, at _2:30 p.m._________, and remained so posted for at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary