CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
114 W. AUSTIN ST
FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2020 @12:00 PM
Notice is hereby given that a Meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on Friday, April 17, 2020 at 12:00 PM at the District Courtroom located at 114 W. Austin St., Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action maybe taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. CALL TO ORDER – MAYOR PRO TEM
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. WELCOME GUESTS AND VISITORS
Public Comments-Limited to Citizens and Business Owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list and must limit to 3-minute conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not posted on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council Meeting.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Consider and/or approve minutes from March 17, 2020 and March 23, 2020
b. Consider and/or approve Monthly Financial Report
c. Consider and/or approve first Quarter Budget and Revenue Report
6. ACTION ITEMS
a. Consider and/or approve Ordinance No. 04-020 – POSTPONING THE GENERAL ELECTION TO BE HELD ON THE 2ND DAY OF MAY, 2020, FOR THE PURPOSE OF ELECTING ALDERMEN FROM WARD(S) ONE, TWO, THREE AND MAYOR FOR TWO-YEAR TERMS IN THE CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS UNTIL THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020, UNIFORM ELECTION DATE; AUTHORIZING EXECUTION OF A JOINT ELECTION CONTRACT FOR THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020, ELECTION; PROVIDING A SEVERABILITY CLAUSE; FINDING THAT THE MEETING AT WHICH THIS ORDINANCE WAS APPROVED COMPLIED WITH THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT; MAKING OTHER FINDINGS AND PROVISIONS RELATED TO THE SUBJECT; AND DECLARING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
b. Consider and/or approve Civil Right Resolution No. 04-16-20 and attached exhibits:
1. Citizen Participation Plan and Grievance Procedures;
2. Section 3 Policy;
3. Excessive Force Policy;
4. Section 504 Policy and Grievance Procedures;
5. Code of Conduct Policy;
6. (if a Plan is required) Limited English Proficiency Plan; and
7. Fair Housing Policy for GLO-DR#19-076-053-B844
7. Consider and/or approve Fair Housing Proclamation for GLO-DR#19-076-053-B844
8. Consider and/or approve Signatory Resolution and Designation form for City of Jefferson, Texas for GLO-DR#19-076-053-B844
9. Consider and/or approve 2019 Independent Audit from Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company, PLLC.
10. Discuss, consider and/or approve to amend the City Declaration to include curfew for person under the age of 16 for hours of 9:00 PM to 6:00AM
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed below, as authorized by Texas Government Code.
1. Section 551.071 – Consultation with an Attorney
2. Section 551.072 – Deliberations concerning Real Property
3. Section 551.073 – Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations
4. Section 551.074 – Personnel Matters
5. Section 551.076 – Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
6. Section 551.086 – Economic Development
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the 13th day of April 2020, at 1:00P M , and remained so posted for at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of side meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary