CITY OF JEFFERSON, TEXAS
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
305 E. AUSTIN STREET
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2020 @ 5:30 PM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Jefferson City Council will be held on July 28, 2020 at 5:30 PM at the Transportation Center at 305 E. Austin Street, Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be considered or upon which any formal action maybe taken are as listed below . Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. CALL TO ORDER – MAYOR PRO TEM
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. WELCOME GUESTS AND VISITORS
Public Comments- Limited to citizens and business owners of the City of Jefferson, must sign up in advance on the list and must limit to 3 minutes conversation. Jefferson City Council may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. On a subject that is not on the agenda a person may add an item to a future City Council Agenda by contacting City Hall a minimum of 5 days prior to a regular City Council Meeting.
5. Consider and/or approve to adopt Resolution to apply for the CARES ACT FUND available to the City of Jefferson.
6. Consider and/or approve appointment of Chief of Police.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Jefferson City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code;
1. Section 551.071 – Consultation with an Attorney
2. Section 551.072 – Deliberations concerning Real Property
3. Section 551.073 – Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations
4. Section551.074 – Personnel Matters
5. Section 551.076 – Deliberations concerning Municipal Security
6. Section 551.086 – Economic Development
Certificate of Posting
I, Doris M. Hines, City Secretary for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the 22nd day of July, 2020 at 2:00 PM and remained so posted for at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Doris M. Hines, City Secretary