Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Jefferson Economic Development Corporation will be held on September 15th, 2021 at 5:30 pm at the Transportation Building located at 305 E Austin St., Jefferson, Texas, at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed from the Consent Agenda, items identified with the Consent Agenda will be acted on at one time.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Welcome/Introduction of Guest and Visitors
Public Comments – Limited to citizens of Jefferson and business owners; they must sign up in advance and limit their comments or conversation to 3 minutes. Jefferson Economic Development Corporation Members may ask questions but shall not discuss items that are not on the agenda. For items not on the agenda, a person may add an item to a future Jefferson Economic Development Corporation Agenda by contacting a JEDCO board member a minimum of 5 days prior to a Meeting.
- CONSENT AGENDA (JEDCO reserves the right to remove items from the Consent Agenda and consider and/or approve individually).
- Consider and/or approve financial report (if any)
- Consider and/or approve previous minutes of JEDCO Meeting(s)
- DISCUSSION / CONSIDERATION / ACTION ITEMS
- Consideration/Action – Resolution approving forgiveness of interest and principal of $37,905 for Queen Wood Products for year 2020.
- Consideration/Discussion – Bank Depository
- Update/Discussion – Potential New Business Projects/Opportunities including Potential Acquisition of Property
- Consideration/Action – Future Meetings or Workshops
The Jefferson Economic Development Corporation reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code: 1. Section 551.071 – Consultation with an Attorney 2. Section 551.072 – Deliberations concerning Real Property 3. Section 551.073 – Deliberations concerning Gifts/Donations 4. Section 551.074 – Personnel Matters 5. Section 551.076 – Deliberations concerning Municipal Security 6. Section 551-087 – Deliberation Regarding Economic Development Negotiations: Closed Meeting
*CLOSE OPEN MEETING
*ENTER INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
*RECONVENE OPEN MEETING
*ACTION AS A RESULT OF EXECUTIVE SESSION
*The Jefferson Economic Development Corporation may or may not enter into Executive Session at this meeting to discuss Economic Development.