JEFFERSON CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
JEFFERSON CONVENTION AND VISITORS CENTER
305 E. AUSTIN STREET
Monday, January 8, 2024 @ 5:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that a Board Meeting of the City of Jefferson Convention & Tourism Bureau Board will be held on Monday, January 8 at 5:30 pm, at the Jefferson Convention & Visitors Bureau at 305 E. Austin St. Jefferson, Texas at which time the subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on the meeting notice. Unless removed for the consent agenda, items identified with the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- WELCOME GUESTS & VISITORS
Comments—-Limited to 3 minutes
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Consider/Approve previous meeting minutes
- Review Monthly Financial Reports November
- OLD BUSINESS
- Discuss/Consider/Approve posting of job for part time employee Colleen Taylor
- Update on Music Friendly Community Meeting Missy Baldwin
- Consider/Discuss/Approve report about Tyler advertising from Anderson Colleen Taylor
- Consider/Approve Tyler station for rest of 2023-2024 advertising year
- NEW BUSINESS
- Update on informational lists put out by Tourism Office-Restaurants etc. Taylor
- Update on new quarterly magazine Hugh L.
- Update on Anderson analytics & Ch. 6 out of Shreveport Pam Thomas
- Update on HOT tax Taylor
- Discuss what can be done to make our city more attractive Taylor
- ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR NEXT MEETING
- NEXT REGULAR MEETING 12, 2024
- CERTIFICATION OF POSTING
I, Colleen Taylor, President for the Jefferson Convention & Visitors Bureau Board for the City of Jefferson, Texas, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted at City Hall, 102 North Polk Street, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times, on the 5th. day of Jan. 2024 by 5:30 pm, and remained so posted for at least 72 continuous hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Colleen Taylor, President of the Tourism Development/CVB
ATTENDANCE BY OTHER ELECTED OR APPOINTED OFFICIALS: It is anticipated that members of the City Council, or other city board, commissions and/or committees may attend the meeting in numbers that may constitute a quorum of the other city boards, commissions and/or committees. Notice is hereby given that the meeting, to the extent required by law, is also noticed as a meeting of the other boards, commissions and/or committees of the City, whose members may be in attendance. The members of the boards, commissions and/or committees may participate in discussions on the same items listed on the agenda, which occur at the meeting, but no action will be taken by such in attendance unless such item and action is specifically provided for an on an agenda for that board, commission or committee subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act.